Yield: 4 servings
* 1 store bought pizza dough - or pick one up from your favorite pizzeria
* Extra- virgin olive oil, for drizzling
* 2 cups whole or part skim ricotta
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* Handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella or provolone, 1 pouch
* 10 fresh basil leaves, 1/2 cup, shredded
Preheat a pizza stone if you use one along with the oven to 425 degrees F.
Stretch dough to form a pie and transfer to stone or pizza baking
tray. Pierce the dough with the tines of a fork in several places.
Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil around the crust. Mix the ricotta
cheese with garlic and parsley and season it with salt and black
pepper. Spread the ricotta across the dough. Top the pizza with
mozzarella or provolone. Bake until crispy, 20 minutes. Top the white
pizza pie with the shredded basil leaves, cut and serve.