Yield: 18 jumbo shrimp, feeding 6 to 8 guests
* 18 cooked, frozen jumbo shrimp, defrosted
* 1 lemon, zested and juiced
* 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
* Coarse salt and black pepper
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
* 2 cups trimmed arugula leaves
* 9 slices imported prosciutto, 1/3 pound
* 18 grape tomatoes
* 18 party picks, 3 or 4 inches long
Place shrimp in shallow dish and add lemon zest and juice, garlic,
salt, pepper and extra-virgin olive oil. Toss shrimp to coat evenly
with dressing. Arrange the arugula in piles of 2 or 3 leaves, working
with 6 piles at a time. Pile up 3 slices of prosciutto and cut in half
To assemble the shrimp, place 1 shrimp on each pile of 2 or 3 arugula
leaves then wrap the leaves up with the shrimp using the prosciutto.
Assemble 6 pieces at a time, like an assembly line. Nest a grape
tomato into the curve of the prosciutto wrapped shrimp and secure into
place with a party pick.
Arrange the shrimp appetizers on a platter and don't forget to put out
a small empty bowl near the shrimp platter to collect the tails of
shrimp and party picks, once guests finish the appetizers.