Yield: 4 servings
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1/2 red onion, chopped
* 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
* 1/4 cup brown sugar, a couple of handfuls
* 1 cup chicken stock
* 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard (recommended: Honey Cup brand)
* 1/2 teaspoon allspice, eyeball it
* 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, eyeball it
* 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
* Vegetable oil, for drizzling
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat grill pan or griddle over medium high heat.
Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a small saucepan over moderate
heat. Add red onions and saute 3 to 5 minutes. Add vinegar and reduce
by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Add brown sugar and cook 1 minute to
incorporate. Whisk in broth and honey mustard, allspice and curry.
Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to lowest setting.
Coat chicken with a drizzle of oil and salt and pepper, to your taste.
Place chicken on hot grill and cook 4 or 5 minutes, then turn. Baste
chicken liberally with sauce and cook another 5 minutes. Turn once
again and baste. Cook 2 or 3 minutes more to cook through and transfer
chicken to a platter and serve.