Yield: 4 servings
* 1 medium bulb garlic, end cut off, 1 clove reserved
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
* 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
* 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbles
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, a handful of leaves
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 large clove garlic, reserved from above, cracked away from skin
* 4 flat breads or pitas, cut into wedges and toasted
Preheat oven or toaster oven to highest setting. Pour oil over cut
side of garlic bulb and rub into skin. Double wrap garlic in foil and
roast 20 to 25 minutes in toaster oven or hot conventional oven.
Combine walnuts, feta, milk, oregano, parsley, black pepper, red
pepper and garlic clove in food processor and pulse process until
spread is smooth. Scrape spread into serving dish with spatula.
Drizzle dip with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
When you remove garlic from the oven, turn heat off. Arrange triangles
of cut pita or flat brad on a small tray or cookie sheet. Place bread
into the hot toaster oven or conventional oven. The bread will be
warmed through and lightly toasted in 5 minutes.