Yield: 4 servings
* 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* Black pepper
* 4 to 5 ounces blue cheese crumbles
* A handful arugula leaves from bulk bins, chopped
* A handful baby spinach leaves from bulk bins, chopped
* 4 slices bacon
* 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved
* 1 pound thin green beans
* 2 vine tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
* Leaves from 4 fresh thyme sprigs
* 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
* 4 scallions, finely chopped, whites and greens
* 1/4 cup chicken stock
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Using a small sharp knife cut into the thick end of the chicken and
make an incision reaching 2/3 the way down the breast. Loosen up the
incision with your fingers to make a hole. Season the chicken with
pepper. Combine the cheese with arugula and baby spinach and stuff the
breasts. Spiral-wrap the breasts with the bacon tightly to cover the
meat evenly. Place chicken on a nonstick baking sheet and roast 20 to
22 minutes until bacon is crispy and chicken is firm.
Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil,
season water with salt and cook potatoes 15 minutes, or until tender.
Bring 1-inch water to a boil. Trim beans. Salt water and add beans to
water. Simmer 5 minutes, drain and combine with tomatoes, thyme, 1
tablespoon oil, salt and pepper.
Place the potatoes back in the hot pot after draining. Coat the
potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, the scallions, chicken stock and salt
and pepper. Toss for 1 minute.
Serve chicken with green beans and potatoes alongside.