Yield: 8 servings
* 1 rounded tablespoon sweet paprika
* 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, a couple of handfuls
* 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
* 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
* 2 bay leaves, crumbled
* 1/2 small white onion, coarsely chopped
* 3 cloves garlic
* 1 teaspoon cayenne
* 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 3 splashes
* 1 teaspoon coarse salt
* 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds chicken tenders
Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
In a food processor combine paprika, parsley, oregano, thyme, bay
leaves, onion, garlic and cayenne. Finely chop the mixture by pulsing.
Heat oil in a small pan over medium low heat. When oil is warm, stir
herb and garlic mixture into oil and heat 3 to 5 minutes, then remove
from heat. The oil will become infused with the flavor of the herbs
and garlic. Transfer to a bowl and stir in vinegar and salt. Taste to
Cut chicken tenders into thirds and place in a shallow dish. Wash hands.
Spoon half of your chimichurri over the chicken and coat completely
and evenly. Using tongs, transfer the bites to the hot grill and cook
2 or 3 minutes on each side. Transfer bites to a serving plate. Serve
with party picks and reserved chimichurri sauce for dipping.